- Do not to leave valuables in your vehicle while at the park.
- Report any suspicious persons/activity to the Gwinnett County Police Department immediately.
- Lost property – our park has a lost and found area. Please contact your player’s coach for information. Find something valuable? Please don’t put it in the lost and found (things tend to walk off). Notify your coach so an email can be sent seeking the item’s rightful owner.
Norcross Youth Baseball and Softball Association Goals
The Norcross youth baseball and softball programs have been providing quality programs for children ages 5 to 18 for over 30 years. We are a volunteer organization serving over 880 families in the greater Norcross area. Our goal oriented programs are designed to meet the following needs:
- Foster a sense of fellowship between families from our community
- Provide a pleasant environment for our children to learn the life lessons associated with sports and sportsmanship
- Provide competitive athletic programs to develop the skills associated with baseball and softball
These goals are accomplished thanks to the help and support of dozens of unpaid volunteers.
Recreation League Age Groupings
The Recreation League is broken into Baseball and Softball and is divided up by age.
Tee Ball - 4-6 years old (4 y/o turning 5 by May 1st)
Pee Wee - 7-8
Minor - 9-10
Tee Ball - 4-6 years old
Pee Wee - 7-8
Minor - 9-10
Travel League Age Groupings
NYBSA also fields travel teams in each of the following age groups:
General Information and Guidlines
- Kids will not sit out more than 1 inning per game
- We strive for team sizes of 10-11 players
- Wins and loses are not tabulated for any purpose
- Tournaments include all teams regardless of wins and loses
- Tournament seeding is done through a random drawing
- Managers are encouraged to rotate the positions that children play
- A draft process is used each season in an attempt to create even teams
- We play 11-14 games per season
- Registration for our programs can be accomplished either in person or online
When we meet:
- Practice twice a week for up to 60-120 minutes
- Practice times are usually sometime between 6pm and 9pm depending upon age level and number of teams.
- Practice start times on the weekend range from 8am to 6pm
- Games are played twice a week for 60-110 minutes depending upon age level.
- Game start times during the week depend on age level.
- Game start times on the weekend range from 8am to 6pm.
We ask that parents make the best effort possible to meet the minimum time commitment outlined above. By playing with fewer kids on a team we ensure your child has more playing time, BUT missing even one child puts their team at a disadvantage.
When we play:
- Registration period usually begins in December
- Evaluations are held in late January, early February
- Practices begin in the middle of February
- The season begins in the middle of March
- No games or practices are held during Spring Break (Gwinnett County)
- The season concludes by the end of May
- All-Star Tournaments begin in May/June
- Registration period usually begins in July
- Practices start in the middle of August
- The season begins the first week after Labor Day
- The season concludes by the end of October
- There is no All Star program after the Fall season
Differences between Leagues:
*As of Spring 2016, 2 5/8" barrel bats are approved for play in Pee Wee and older leagues. 2 1/4" barrel bats can still be used in all leagues. Tee Ball players may ONLY use 2 1/4" barrel bats.