Registration for Fall 2016 Baseball and Softball is now CLOSED.
Spring 2017 registration will begin in December and end in late January. Check back later.
For NYBSA registration or league questions please contact NYBSA Player Agent at email@example.com.
Establishing an NYBSA Family Account - FIRST TIME PLAYERS ONLY
Please follow the instructions below to set up a new account for your FAMILY. If you already set up an account on the Blue Sombrero system, do not set up a new account, you will use your existing account.
· New Customer Primary Contact: Create your family account. Primary PARENT's information goes here
· Primary Contact Information: enter Primary PARENT/GUARDIAN and then Secondary PARENT/GUARDIAN information
· Add a New Participant: Player's information is recorded here
· Once the first Participant (Player) has been added, if you have more than one child to register, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Update and Add Another Participant"
· Choose the program that you wish to register for and click "Next".
Please note: if you have more than one Participant (Player), under each player's name will be a list of programs that are available for that player
2016 Fall Registration Guidelines
· Player Registration (what you will need)
o Credit Card (if paying with credit card)
o Player’s Uniform Size (shirt and pants size)
o If you don’t already have one, create a new User ID and Password for you FAMILY
· Coach / Volunteer Registration (what you will need)
o Driver’s License
o Register as volunteer in Blue Sombrero
· Recreation Program: $160.00 per Player
· Note: an additional $90.00 fee is required by Gwinnett County for out-of-county residents.
· Online: Visa, MasterCard
· Mail: Checks or Money Orders (Please do not mail cash)
· Payment must be received by July 31st, 2016 or you will be assessed a $25.00 late fee, wait-listed and acceptance will be based on availability
· Please mail payments to:
o NYBSA, PO Box 723, Norcross, GA 30091
Evaluations: Baseball and Softball
· Baseball & Softball: TBD (specific dates/times will be emailed)
· Evaluations are typically required for (determined by league)
o Players moving up to the next league
o Players who did not play in the Spring of 2016 - some leagues may require all to be evaluated.
o Players requesting to play outside their age group, above or below
o Players with a parent or guardian registered as a coach
o You only need to attend one of the evaluations
Players will be expected to catch, throw, hit and run and should dress and equip themselves accordingly.
Evaluations will be conducted on the following fields:
· Pursuant to county mandates, all players must be registered by a parent or guardian on a first come basis.
· The registration form must be fully completed for each child (ESPECIALLY UNIFORM SIZE).
· Each child’s name must appear on the form exactly as it appears on the child’s birth certificate. NYBSA reserves the right to require proof of age from any player at any time for any reason.
· The on-line Registration Fee and other applicable fees must be paid by MasterCard or Visa (AMEX and Debit Cards are not accepted).
· The mail-in Registration Fee and other applicable fees must be paid by PERSONAL CHECK, or MONEY ORDER.
· Gwinnett County requires an additional $90.00 registration fee per player for all players who do not currently reside in Gwinnett County.
Parent Involvement and Volunteer Requirements
· Any player who registers after the published registration dates will be wait-listed and acceptance will be based on availability.
· Managers, Coaches and Team Moms: Please consider helping out as a MANAGER or COACH, especially in Tee Ball and Pee Wee, even if you can only coach part time during practices or games. The commissioners of these leagues work very hard to ensure that each team has no less than one experienced and qualified manager capable of teaching baseball/softball fundamentals and teamwork skills. For these younger age groups, it is necessary to have enough parents helping the manager work with the team in smaller, more individualized groups. PLEASE ASK IF YOU CAN HELP. If only a few times, it will still help the kids learn. In addition, all teams are in need of a TEAM MOM or a TEAM DAD to coordinate the team’s administrative responsibilities as part of the larger NYBSA organization such as uniform distribution, allocation of volunteer duties, trophies, team pictures, website information, snack schedules and team parties.
· Manager/Coach Application: All managers and coaches MUST REGISTER ONLINE on as part of the registration process
· Donations: Contributions can be added during the online registration process. We are extremely grateful for any amount of contribution you are able to provide.
Practices and Games
· Practice: Each team will typically hold two, 1 or 1-1/2 hour practices each week, one on Saturdays (8:00AM through 6:00PM) and one weeknight beginning at either 6:00PM or 7:30PM at fields to be announced.
· Games: Typically, each team will play one weeknight game at either 6:00PM or 7:30PM. Please note T-ball games may begin as late as 7:30 p.m. on weeknights. Both the weeknight and game time will vary. All teams will play on Saturday. Saturday games begin at 8:00AM and continue through early evening. Both the Softball and Baseball Seasons end no later than Oct 29th, 2016 (barring any rain-out make-up dates).
Participation and Supervision Requirements
· PARTICIPATION: Each parent agrees that their child will play on the team to which he/she has been drafted or is assigned. NYBSA is under no obligation to accommodate special requests for teammates or coaches either before or after the team draft.
· SUPERVISION: The League REQUIRES a child’s parent or guardian to be present at all practices and games for leagues T-Ball through Major or, in their absence, to have made prior arrangements with another parent or guardian to be present and responsible for the child in the event of bad weather or injury. Managers are authorized to withhold the child’s participation in games/practices if left unattended. Further, no sibling of the above age group shall be left unattended anytime, anywhere or for any period of time. Repeated violations of this league rule may result in removal of the player from the team.
· UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT: Players must provide their own gloves, and plastic/rubber cleats or sneakers. Metal cleats are prohibited. Catchers must provide their own protective cup. Each player must provide their own batting helmet. With the exception of caps, it is requested that players only wear their game uniforms during games and refrain from wearing game uniforms for practice so that the appearance of game uniforms comply with the high standards of professionalism required by NYBSA and Dixie Youth, Inc. throughout the season.
· Each player is responsible for having his/her own helmet. Batting helmets ARE NOT supplied by the league.
· GENDER: Boys are prohibited from participating in softball. Girls may participate in baseball, only after they have been evaluated by the Baseball Commissioner for ability and safety reasons.
· Uniform for the recreation season is included in the registration fee which includes a cap, baseball pants or shorts, jersey, socks and belt (if applicable). The uniform belongs to the player. In addition, players in the T-ball and Peewee leagues will receive an individual trophy for his/her participation and may receive additional medals or plaques for tournament play subject to availability of funds. The registration fee also supports the cost of league equipment, protective equipment, certified umpires and the high levels of park and field maintenance required by Gwinnett County.